Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Chapter

I don't understand how one place can be so good, but I have yet to hear anything negative about Prague other than that the language is indecipharable (I was listening to it on Czech radio the other day and I think it sounds more complex than Russian), the traditional Czech cuisine is not exactly vegetarian-friendly and it gets cold there. Like, really cold. Not like "coldest winter I ever spent" Mark Twain San Francisco cold. But none of those things seem that bad, either.

I was thinking about the fact that I'll be 29 by the time I get my Bachelor's Degree. It's publishing that I want to go into so I've been looking for internships (unpaid and something I can do this summer before Prague and it's almost June!!!!!), but I only found one publishing internship near where I'll be living. It's at a small publishing house in Alameda. I'm gonna apply for it, I think. This could be disastrous, simply because of my lack of experience, but I have pretty good writing skills so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I went through a period recently that was probably the hardest time I've ever been through in terms of how I felt about myself, but I got through it and I'm so ready to have a great summer. Also, I no longer have an eating disorder!

Best movie just recently viewed on Netflix: "Cherish" starring Robin Tunney. So far I've only seen two Czech films: "Zelary" (which only had partial subtitles and wasn't terrible considering I didn't understand most of what was going on) and "I Served The King Of England," which was quite good. Let me know if you know of any good Czech films.

No comments:

Post a Comment